Canada understands the value of familial relationships and wants to keep and bring families together. The Family Class Immigration category allows for different types of spousal sponsorships. The Canadian spousal sponsorship allows you to sponsor your spouse, conjugal partner, or common-law partner for permanent residency in Canada. Both you and your spouse must be approved by the government body of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Who is Eligible for Spousal Sponsorship?
You must meet the following requirements to be eligible to sponsor your spouse:
• Be of 18 years or older
• Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or a registered Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
• Reside in Canada or intend to live in Canada after your spouse is granted permanent residency
• Financially support your spouse for 3 years
What Kind of Supporting Documentation is Required for Spousal Sponsorship?
If you are sponsoring your spouse, then the following proof of your relationship will be required:
• Completed relationship information and sponsorship evaluation questionnaire
• Marriage certificate
• Wedding Invitation and photos
• Birth certificates or adoption papers for any children you might have
• Proof of marriage registration with a government authority
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident above 18, you can sponsor your parent or grandparent in their quest for permanent residency. Here's everything you need to know about the Sponsorship Program for Parents and Grandparents.
To be eligible for this program, you must assist your parent or grandparent financially. Once they set foot on Canadian territory, you will be liable for them. This involves meeting their fundamental needs, such as shelter and food. You must ensure that your sponsored family member does not receive government social assistance as a sponsor. Both the sponsor and the sponsored person must meet specific standards. This includes the sponsored individual completing medical exams and background investigations.
To sponsor one’s parents or grandparents for permanent residency under this sponsorship category, applicants must be:
• You must be at least 18 years old
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
If you want to bring your parents and grandparents to Canada as Permanent Residents, you must:
• Meet specific income standards; financially support that person and their dependents
• Meet the program’s minimum income requirement by presenting notifications of assessment issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA) to support their sponsorship
• Sponsors must also show that they have met the minimum required income level for three years in a row. If you are married or in a common-law partnership, you can include both of your incomes
• The sponsor and the sponsored relative must sign a sponsorship agreement in which the sponsor agrees to provide financial support for the sponsored person for a period of up to 20 years
Contact us for more information on the Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship program and how to apply.
The Canadian Government prioritizes Family Class applications because they are passionately dedicated to keeping families together and creating avenues for separated loved ones. Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and temporary foreign employees can bring their children and loved ones to the country. Dependent or adopted children can live in Canada as permanent residents with their Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident parents. This is possible with the Child Sponsorship Program. This program is part of the Family Class Immigration scheme.
What is a Dependent Child? Children under the age of 22 are deemed dependent on a sponsor, the sponsor's spouse, or a common-law partner. Children over the age of 22 who are still financially reliant on their parents/guardians are also included in this category. This also applies to children above 22 who cannot sustain themselves financially due to physical or mental illness. A sponsor with more than one dependent kid must demonstrate financial ability to support all children.
How to Submit an Adopted Child Sponsorship Application:
To apply for sponsorship of a dependent or adopted child, complete the following steps:
• Apply online.
• Collect all necessary documentation.
• Sign and date the application.
• You must pay application processing fees.
• Please submit your application.